Coffee with Killeen
Coffee with Killeen
Join Principal Brett Killeen for this opportunity to engage in informal question and answer, discussion, and getting to know more about our school. Meetings will be in the Cage and begin at 8:15am unless otherwise noted. Coffee will be served.
2019-2020 Coffee Dates:
- Thursday, September 26, 2019
- Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Friday April 17, 2020: VIRTUAL COFFEE
COVID-19 Social and Emotional Resources
- CDC Guidance Managing Stress & Anxiety
- CDC Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
- Coping With Stress During Outbreaks SAMHSA
- Taking Care of Behavioral Health SAMHSA
- Free non-emergency emotional support is available to anyone in the state via telephone or instant messaging operating 24/7 through California Peer-Run Warm Line, toll-free service and and can be reached at 1-855-845-7415; Web Chat: https://www.mentalhealthsf.org/peer-run-warmline/
- CDC Helping Children During Disasters
- NASP Parent Guide to Talking to Children about COVID Fears
- 和孩子談論COVID-19(冠狀病毒)家長資源, Chinese)
- Hable con sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Un recurso para padres
- Countering COVID stigma
- For confidential non-emergency requests for school counseling supports, each school site has linked request form that will go to PPS directly.
If there is acute distress,
- 911 if emergency, including PERT
- SD Access & Crisis Line (888) 724-7240 24/7, 150 languages
- Disaster Distress Helpline: Call this toll-free number to be connected to the nearest crisis center for information, support, and counseling.1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746. (TTY 1-800-846-8517) Disaster Distress Helpline Website: www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline
- Mandatory Report Suspected Abuse Hotline 858-560-2191 /1(800) 344-6000
Community Based Resources
Interested in Mental Health-Related Programs and Counseling Services Outside of CCA? Please see our page on Care Solace, a platform that confidentially connects families with local resources that match their needs.
Community Resources Information: The options listed in this document are local resources provided for the convenience of families and parents who are seeking services they deem necessary for their child.
Upcoming CCA Parent Workshops
Upcoming CCA Parent Workshops
The discussion planned with the authors of "Grown & Flown" on March 16 has been cancelled. We received word from our authors that out of an abundance of caution (they are from New York), they have to postpone their appearance next week. Our hope is to kick off the school year with "Grown and Flown" in September.
Look for other parent workshops that feature YouSchool founder Scott Schimmel and aim to support parents in supporting their students academic, social, and emotional well-being at CCA. These workshops are from 7:00 - 8:00pm.
- 12/10/19 Managing conflict Please see the flyer here for more information.
- 5/21/19 - Creating the Best Summer Ever. See the video here!
- 4/19/19 Coffee with a counselor and school psychologist
- 3/25/19 ELAC Meeting - 2018-2019 CAASPP Info Presentation
- 3/2018 Parent Workshop on Student Wellness and Stress Management
- 2/26/19 Senior Parent Information Night
- 2/13/19 Parent workshop on building strengths and talents in our children
- 2/1/19 Coffee with Principal Killeen - NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) presentation
- 12/11/18 Parent workshop led by Scott Schimmel who has helped implement social emotional learning here at CCA. Please check out this flier for more information.
- 12/7/18 Coffee with a counselor and a school psychologist
- 12/6/18 at CVMS Drug Trends and Social Media Awareness
- 11/30/18 Coffee with Principal Killeen - presentation regarding student support
- 10/8/18 Parent Episode - Deal with Parent Anxiety
SDUHSD Parent Workshop led by Stan Collins
On November 7 and 14, 2019, the San Dieguito Union High School District hosted Stan Collins to speak on the topic of how to talk with your child and increase connectedness, awareness and self-harm and suicide prevention. The night provided our parent community with toolkit of prescriptive tips on how to help and support children socially and emotionally on a daily basis. Stan Collins is a Suicide Prevention Specialist at the San Diego County Suicide Prevention Council and has worked in the suicide prevention field for over 19 years. He has presented and provided training to over 650,000 adults and youth including educators, parents, medical professionals, military personnel, and law enforcement on the subject of suicide prevention. Click to here to access the slide presentation from the November 7th parent forum.
Student Wellness and Safety Resources
CCA teachers provide this safety information to their classes on a yearly basis. The informational slide deck includes personal wellness and coping strategies, protective factors, risk factors and warning signs, avenues for reporting concerns, and various ways to get support.