Employment & Work Experience

Work Experience
Work Experience Education (WEE) is a statewide program that allows high school level students to gain high school credit while being employed. WEE supports and equips students in their current employment while preparing them for future careers. Course topics include job applications, creating resumes, interviewing skills, labor laws, career inventories and exploration, and income tax returns. Various speakers from the community enrich the class by conducting presentations on the topics listed above. If you need assistance finding a job, talk to Mr. Baum, the work experience coordinator.

Work Permits for MinorsTop of Page

Students under the age of 18 who wish to work must have a Permit to Employ and Work. Any minor not enrolled in school must instead provide employers with proof of high school graduation or of passing the California High School Proficiency Exam. By law, employers must terminate the employment of minors without proper work authorization. Students may obtain application forms and additional information in Student Services.

To apply for a work permit, pick up a work permit application from Caroline Moroney, the receptionist in the Administration building, before school, during lunch or after school. Fill it out, have your potential employer sign it, and return the completed application to Ms. Moroney.

In the summer, the SDUHSD district office administers work permits.

General Search Engines for EmploymentTop of Page