All incoming students will receive an enrollment packet and 2019-2020 Course Selection Contract at the Incoming Student Registration Night on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. We recommend that you review the Incoming Student Presentation an overview of CCA's 4x4 schedule, SDUHSD graduation requirements, and important course selection guidance, procedures and district guidelines.
Please refer to the following steps to assist in selecting a successful 2019-2020 schedule. Use the red links to access additional information.
1.Before you fill out the Course Selection Contract, read it carefully. It is called a contract because your signature indicates that you and your parent/guardian understand the District Course Selection Guidelines.You are selecting a schedule for the entire 2019-2020 school year.
2. On the back of your contract, review the course list that corresponds with the grade you will enter in 2019-2020.
Review the Course Profiles and Course Progressions for specific subject areas to make sure you have met the prerequisites and department recommendations for each course.
Read the course description and pay close attention to the estimated homework and level of difficulty for each course you request. Understanding the content and demands of each course will help you make informed selections.
In order to best serve our current CCA students, CCA counselors will not be able to provide guidance to incoming students until registration nights 3/26-3/28. Talk to your current teachers or counselor if you have questions about which courses are appropriate for you.
Choose your electives wisely! Select courses in which you are genuinely interested. You will not be able to change elective courses after the school year begins.
4. You are selecting a schedule for the entire year. Write courses for Fall and Spring terms on the front of your contract, including at least two alternates for each elective. We recommend using pencil so that you can make changes if necessary.
5. Complete Online Course Selection in the Aeries Parent Portal. All students must complete both a paper course selection contract, as well as online course selection. Students coming to CCA from outside of the SDUHSD district will receive access to an Aeries account once residency verification is completed. Please follow the step by step instructions in the Incoming Student Presentation for support with online course selection.
6. Attend your designated Course Selection Night in the CCA Learning Commons to turn in your completed Course Selection Contract and required enrollment forms. Parents and students who have specific questions about course selection will have an opportunity to meet briefly with CCA Staff on their designated night.
Students with LAST NAMES A-G Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:00 - 6:30 pm
Students with LAST NAMES H-P Wednesday, March 27, 2019 4:00 - 6:30 pm
Students with LAST NAMES Q-Z Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:00 - 6:30 pm
All requested forms must be completed fully and the required information provided. If any part of your enrollment package is not complete, you will not be able to continue with the registration process and the counselors will be unable to process your course requests.
7. Per school district policy, in order to attend CCA, you must enroll by Friday, March 29, 2019 at 4:00 pm. If, for any reason, you do not enroll by March 29, 2019, you will forfeit your spot at CCA and you will be enrolled at your boundary high school.
If you do not plan to attend CCA, please notify the CCA Registrar, Ms. Nancy Benbow at (858) 350-0253 ext. 4006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can enroll in another district high school and will no longer continue to receive CCA communications.