Contact Counseling

Counselors are available to provide school counseling services to all CCA students and we encourage students to come in to ask questions, seek information and get to know the counselors.  Please follow the processes outlined below to contact CCA counselors.

Contacting Your CounselorTop of Page

  • For issues related to GRADUATION or APPLYING TO COLLEGE (such as class schedule, credits, requirements), students and parents need to work with the alpha-assigned counselor.
  • For any SOCIAL OR EMOTIONAL ISSUES during the school day, students may talk to whichever counselor is available.

STUDENTS:Top of Page

In order to avoid missed instruction or marked absences, please use the following methods to see your counselor
  • Walk in to Student Services-Counseling before school, during lunch, or after school daily (no appointment is necessary). This method is best if a student has a concern or question that can be addressed quickly.  To maintain counselor availability for students during this time, we ask that parents follow the steps below in the parent section.
  • Fill out a "call slip" (available in Student Services-Counseling from the Counseling Secretary). This method is best for students who have a concern or question that may take more time to address.  Your counselor will call you from the class you request sometime during the period (with teacher permission).  It is important to remember to choose the class that you wish to be called from wisely, because you will be responsible for instruction or assignments missed.
  • For an urgent matter which requires immediate attention and cannot be addressed through the other methods, a student may come in to Counseling any time.  This method is only for students who have a concern that needs urgent attention. The student should report to the Counseling secretary, who will assess the situation and contact a counselor.  If possible, please check in with your teacher first and ask to go to Counseling.   


  • If you have a question or concern about your student's current grade, or the content or procedures in a class, please contact the teacher directly using the Staff Directory.   You can use Aeries  to monitor your student's academic progress and attendance.
  • If you have a general counseling question, many answers can be found using the Counseling website and Alphabetical Counseling Index.  If you need further assistance with a general counseling question, please call (858) 350-0253, ext. 4037 to speak with the Counseling Secretary.
  • If you need additional individual assistance, please contact your student's counselor.

CounselorsTop of Page

Ashley Bahner    
 Student Last Names  A - CI  Ext. 4031
Layne DeLorme  Student Last Names  CL-GRI  Ext. 4029
Holly Austin  Student Last Names  GRO - LED  Ext. 4076
April Maniscalco
 Student Last Names  LEE - O  Ext. 4020
Rebecca Erquitt  Student Last Names  P - SP  Ext. 4024
Sarah Djernes 
 Student Last Names  ST - Z  Escely Marr (Sarah's sub)- Ext. 4063