Canyon Crest Academy offers twenty-one varsity sports programs. CCA is a proud to be part of the North County Conference with most of our teams participating in the Avocado West League.
If you have questions please contact:
Physicals and Athletic Packet Information for 2016-2017
In order to participate in athletics for Canyon Crest Academy athletes are required to have a physical performed by either an MD, DO, or PA. This physical is valid for one year from the date signed by an MD, DO, or PA. It is recommended to have the physical during the month of June or before the first tryout date for the sport.
Athletics, Academics and Course Selection
Academics are the #1 priority in High School Athletics. With the course selection window open for the 2016-2017 school year please remember the following:
Per district course selection guidelines, no course requests can be made to accommodate athletics or off campus activities. The only way to guarantee that a student will not have a class during a specific period or term is to request a specific unscheduled ("free") period during Course Selection.
In order to tryout for a team at CCA athletes must fully complete the online clearing process.
- the online window will open on January 3
If this is your first sport this school year, hard copies of Physical Form and Insurance Card (front and back) must be turned into the Athletic Office by January 20, 3:00pm. If you have already participated in a sport this school year, an online registration for the new sport is all that you have to do. The Athletic Office will no longer be clearing athletes after try-outs begin, a Cleared List will be posted on the Athletic's website starting February 6.
- A student physical must be performed by a physician or physician's assistant (M.D., D.O., or P.A.). The physical must be completed after June 1, 2016 to be valid for the entire 2016-2017 school year.
Spring Sports Tryouts:
- Lacrosse (Boys): February 21 - 23 (All Levels - 3:30pm to 5:30pm)
- Lacrosse (Girls): February 18 (All Levels - 9:30am to 11:30am) / February 20, 21 (All Levels - 3:15pm to 5:15pm)
- Volleyball (Boys): February 21 (All Levels - 3:15pm to 4:15pm) / February 22 (All Levels - 3:00pm to 5:00pm, Varsity only - 5:00pm to 6:00pm @ Pacific Trails Middle School) / February 23 (All Levels - 7:00pm to 8:30pm)
- Tennis (Boys): February 21 - 24 (All Levels - 3:15pm to 5:15pm)
- Golf (Boys): February 11 (8:00am at Surf and Turf Driving Range) / February 15 (3:30pm at Lomas Santa Fe Executive Course / February 21 (3:00pm at Lomas Santa Fe CC)
- Baseball: February 18 (All Levels - 10:00am to 2:00pm) / February 20 and February 21 (All Levels - 3:30pm to 5:30pm)
- Softball: February 18 and February 20 (All Levels - 10:00am to 12:30pm) / February 21 (All Levels - 3:15pm to 5:30pm)
- Track and Field: February 20 (all levels 9:00am) / February 21 - 24 (All Levels - 3:30pm to 5:30pm)
- Swim and Dive: February 21 - 24 (All Levels - 5:30am to 7:15am at Cathedral Catholic Pool)
Mandatory Student/Parent Meeting
All student athletes and their parents are required by the San Dieguito Union High School District to attend the preseason orientation meeting. The athletes will not be able to compete in their first contest until they have attended this meeting.
- Lacrosse (Boys): February 27, 6:00pm - Gym Classroom
- Lacrosse (Girls): February 27, 5:30pm - Learning Commons
- Volleyball (Boys): February 27, 7:00pm - Gym Classroom
- Tennis (Boys): March 2, 5:30pm - F202
- Golf (Boys): February 27, 5:00pm - C101
- Baseball: March 1, 7:00pm - Gym Classroom
- Softball: February 27, 6:30pm - C101
- Track and Field: March 1, 6:00pm - Learning Commons
- Swim and Dive: February 27, 7:30pm - Learning Commons
Medical Insurance Information
The San Dieguito Union High School District does not provide medical insurance coverage for accidents/injuries that occur during school-related athletic events. This means that parents are responsible for the medical bills/ambulance charges if their child were to become injured during school activities. The District makes student accident insurance available for parents to purchase if they do not have health insurance or as a supplement to their own policy. For further information please review the following documents:
P.E. Credit for Athletics Option (10th-12th graders only)
To earn PE credit toward PE graduation requirements for participation in a CIF sport, students must submit the P.E. Credit for Athletics Application
to the Athletics Office during the eligible window for each season:
Spring Sport's Deadline: March 6 by 3:15pm is a hard deadline, no late forms will be accepted.
In order to be eligible for PE Credit for Athletics:
1. Students must have passed the California Physical Fitness Test in any high school academic year prior to the school year in which the PE Credit for Athletics will be earned. Students who did not pass or did not take this test for any reason are not eligible for PE Credit for Athletics in the current school year.
2. Students must still need PE credits for graduation requirements. Students who have already met the 20 credit requirement may not earn PE Credit for Athletics.
Approved fall sport students will be enrolled and earn credit in the 2nd quarter. Approved winter sport students will be enrolled and earn credit in the 3rd quarter. Spring sport students will be enrolled and earn credit in the 4th quarter. For more information about applying for PE Credit for Athletics please contact the CCA Athletic Office at (858) 350-0253 x4038