- If your child is going to be late, a parent or legal guardian must send a signed note or call attendance office at (858) 350-0253. Please press #1 and wait for prompts.
- All students arriving late to campus must stop at the Attendance Window to check in. Arriving more than 30 minutes late without a note or parent/legal guardian phone call constitutes truancy. Students who have not cleared their absences will be given a re-admit marked unexcused.
- Student will remain on campus during the school day unless they have an off-campus pass. Off-campus passes (OCP) must be requested 24 hours in advance. The OCP must be issued prior to the student leaving campus by the attendance office. The OCP will not be delivered to the student in the classroom.
- Absences must be cleared through the attendance office by email (CCAAttendance@SDUHSD.NET), phone or note from a parent or legal guardian within 48 hours of the absence
- Students who are regularly absent or habitually truant will be referred to the Assistant Principals Office. This process may include a referral to the School Attendance Review Board (SARB) and the development of an attendance contract.
- Students will not leave class during the period without a pass/ teacher permission
- Students in Video Film, Leadership, Yearbook, Journalism, teacher or office aide must have a pass or badge identifying themselves at all times.
- Students will carry their CCA ID cards during the school day and at all school sponsored events and activities
- Students who are out 3 or more days due to illness will need to provide a doctor's note to the attendance office.
For further tips for parents from the District's website, click here!
Consequences for Tardies
1st offense - Verbal Warning
2nd offense - Teacher contacts parent
3rd offense - Teacher refers student to a 2-hour Saturday School
4th offense - Teacher refers student to the alpha Assistant Principal