All incoming students receive an enrollment packet and 2018-2019 Course Selection Contract at the Incoming Student Registration Night on March 21, 2018. We recommend that you review the Incoming In-District OR Out-of-District Student Presentation, which provides an overview of CCA's 4x4 schedule, SDUHSD graduation requirements, and important course selection guidance, procedures and district guidelines.
Please refer to the following steps to assist in selecting a successful 2018-2019 schedule. Use the RED links to access additional information.
1. Before you fill out the Course Selection Contract, read it carefully. It is called a contract because your signature indicates that you and your parent/guardian understand the District Course Selection Guidelines. You are selecting a schedule for the entire 2018-2019 school year.
2. On the back of your contract, review the course list that corresponds with the grade you will enter in 2018-2019.
3. Research classes before selecting them.
Read the course description and pay close attention to the estimated homework and level of difficulty for each course you request. Understanding the content and demands of each course will help you make informed selections.
In order to best serve our current CCA students, CCA counselors will not be able to provide guidance to incoming students until registration nights 3/26-3/28. Talk to your current teachers or counselor if you have questions about which courses are appropriate for you.
4. You are selecting a schedule for the whole year. Write courses for Fall and Spring terms on the front of your contract, including at least TWO ALTERNATES for each elective. We recommend using pencil so that you can make changes, if necessary.
5. Attend your designated Course Selection Night in the CCA Learning Commons to turn in your completed Course Selection Contract and required enrollment forms, and to complete the registration process. Parents and students who have specific questions about course selection will have an opportunity to meet briefly with CCA Staff on their designated night.
Students with LAST NAMES A-G Monday, March 26, 2018 4:00 - 7:30 pm
Students with LAST NAMES H-P Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:00 - 7:30 pm
Students with LAST NAMES Q-Z Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:00 - 7:30 pm
6. Per school district policy, in order to attend CCA, you must enroll by Thursday April 5, 2018 at 3 pm. If, for any reason, you do not enroll by April 5, 2018, you will forfeit your spot at CCA and you will be enrolled at your boundary high school.